The Albert Cinema stood at No. 60, Albert Road, Slivertown, E16. Owned by Mr Sweetenham it was known locally as Silvertown Picture Palace and had probably previously been an Old Time Music Hall. It opened in about 1926.
The advertised film The Road Demon was made in 1938, directed by Otto Brower and released by Twentieth Century Fox. This was the story of two out-of-work men who bought a damaged racing car and win the big race, despite efforts to thwart them. The film starred Henry Arthur, Henry Armetta and Joan Valerie
(Photo: Newham Heritage & Archives - Godfrey Collection).