Site Map of Bow Porcelain Factory.
The factory site bordered the north side of Stratford High Street in the parish of West Ham, just north-east of what is now the A11 flyover over the Blackwall Tunnel Approach and bounded by Cook's Road, Marshgate Lane and the Bow Back River. Fragments of porcelain were found on the south side of Stratford High Street during excavations in 1867 (documented by William Chaffers). Further finds were made by Aubrey Toppin on the north side in 1921, just behind a row of wooden-fronted buildings known as "China Row." A further excavation took place in 1969. This map of the Bow China Factory Site was drawn by Aubrey Toppin in 1922