The second and larger chapel in Forest Gate, built in 1856. This fine group of buildings comprising the chapel and sunday school rooms (in the foreground) stood at the junction of Chapel (later Chapter) Street and Forest Lane. The church flourished under the the ministry of William Skinner (1882-99). The cost of the clock tower was met by John Curwen, a well known Congregationalist and inventor of the Tonic-SolFa music system. The whole area was redeveloped after the Second World War and the site of these buildings is partially covered by housing and Forest Gate secondary.