Presbyterian Church and Railway at Maryland Point, before 1873.
Trinity Presbyterian Church of England was built by Andrew Black, who was its first minister (1863-75). A hall was built in 1863 and the church in 1870. It closed as a church in 1941, the congregation joining Manor Park (East Avenue) which took the name. The building became a factory, which was destroyed by fire in 1953. The church hall survived the fire and continued as a factory until 1966. The site of the church and hall was built over in the the mid-2000s and is now an apartment block and shops at street level.
Maryland Point Station is absent from this view - it was not opened until 6th January, 1873. The original building was completely rebuilt in 1891 when the Great Eastern Railway quadrupled the tracks. This work required new road bridges to be built at Maryland Point (The Grove) and Water Lane (the old bridge can be seen in the distance. The signal post and the signal cabin appear on the Ordnance Survey Map of the 1860s.