Hyde House in High Street Plaistow probably dated from the 16th century, it was probably the mansion to which a tenement called The Hyde belonged in 1605. In the later 17th century Hyde House was the seat of Sir Thomas Foot, lord mayor of London, one of the few men knighted by Cromwell when Lord Protector, he was also made a baronet by Charles II. In 1742 it wasan old boarded house occupied by Aaron Hill the dramatist and poet. It was demolished shortly before 1811.
Photo in West Ham 1886-1986